Thursday, March 6, 2014

A Teavivre tea tasting

I'll bet my mailman thinks I live a much more exotic life than I really do, receiving packages from China, India, England, and elsewhere. Most recently it was a new box of tea samples from Teavivre in China that I had delivered. This time I decided I'd sample two distinctly different types of tea, a puerh tea and a black tea. This puerh is Fengqing Zhuan Cha Raw Puerh Brick Tea 2005, and you will note the crumbly, sometimes powdery bits of tea from where it was separated from the tea brick.

It seems folks either love or hate the earthy flavor of puerh, and I happen to like it. This one had an almost sweet flavor to the puerh. Another reason I like sampling different teas is that I enjoy seeing how the leaves look after steeping!

The black tea I tried was this Nonpareil Yunnan Dian Hong Chinese Red Black Tea.

Even though I like puerhs, this terrific yunnan tea was my favorite of the two, and it had a very crisp, woodsy scent and a nice, brisk, black tea taste that was a welcome contrast to the flavored teas I've been drinking lately. If you haven't tried Teavivre teas, I definitely recommend them — and you can find out more by going here!

3 comments:

  1. I liked those teas as well. The ripened Pu-erh in my samples was a favorite (didn't know there was raw and ripened Pu-erh).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great tea tasting experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a feeling I would like this tea tasting. Love the dian hongs I have tried from them and sure I would love the puerh.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!