Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Tenacious Tea & other RTD teas

On a recent visit to Whole Foods I came across a new bottled tea I selected to try with the salad I was enjoying for lunch. The Tenacious Tea was absolutely delicious, and I chose it simply for the flavor, Powerhouse Peach. I didn't drink all of the tea with my lunch, however, and I'm glad because when I got home with the bottle I was delighted to see this tea is from the Alpharetta Beverage Company right here in the Atlanta area! Furthermore, the tea has zero calories. What are the ingredients? Filtered water, brewed rooibos tea (I LOVE rooibos tea!), caramel color, natural peach flavor, stevia extract and citric acid. I'm not sure I've had a bottled tea sweetened with stevia before, but I sure like this one. The surprising story of how this company was founded is well worth a read. Find it here. If you're like me you'll want to go drink a gallon of rooibos as preventive medicine! Now I can't wait to go back to Whole Foods and try more flavors of Tenacious Tea's Sports Red Tea. A big thumbs up!

Another new RTD (ready to drink) tea I tried recently was this Pure Leaf Raspberry Tea from Lipton, found at a convenience store on our recent road trip to Wisconsin. I remembered Phyllis blogging about Pure Leaf and decided to give it a try. The taste was light and refreshing, not overly sweet, and 80 calories per serving (2 servings per bottle) isn't bad!

Finally, another convenience store find was this Nestea Red Tea in the Pomegranate Passion Fruit flavor. It had 2.5 servings in the 20-ounce bottle, just 60 calories each, and had a terrific fruity and sweet taste. Funny that I've come across two new *red* teas in bottled tea form lately. I think the increased popularity of bottled teas these days is a great sign for the tea industry, and it's always fun to come across new ones. Have you tried any new bottled teas I need to know about?

5 comments:

  1. I haven't tried any lately but I'll be going to Whole Foods the next chance I get! That first one sounds delicious, and I love that it's from a local company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reviews on Tenacious and Nestle's Ready to Drink teas. There's so many RTD teas on the market to choose from these days. RTD's claim tea's largest market share, and they're the fastest growing segment as well. It's good news for the tea industry, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried a bottled green tea from Japan a few weeks ago. I can't remember the brand, most of the label was in Japanese. It was good and I would buy it again. I honestly bought it because it was on sale for $1.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do believe I need to explore RTD teas. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tea reviews! I have always wanted to try the Pure Leaf and now I think I will.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!