Friday, March 15, 2013

Readying for St. Patrick's Day

St. Patrick's Day is just around the corner, and I still have no idea what I'll be cooking to celebrate the day this year. My usual Corned Beef and Cabbage? Perhaps. Irish Soda Bread? Possibly, but I've done that before, and I always like to try something new. What will you be preparing? As I ponder, I'll sip a brisk black tea (Irish Breakfast Tea is particularly lovely at this time of year) and reflect on St. Paddy's Days past.

This cute teacup-themed St. Patrick's Day card arrived in the mail last year from a new tea friend, Melissa in Delaware, and I treasure it! I have a couple of hatboxes where I keep the thoughtful cards and notes from blog readers who have written me over the years, and I dearly love them all, including this one. It came with some tea and a bookmark tucked inside, which really made this more "gift" than "card."

And the sentiment seemed appropriate to share with all of you as March 17 approaches! Since some of you don't get a chance to check blogs over the weekend, I wanted to go ahead and wish everyone a Happy St. Patrick's Day!

11 comments:

  1. "Happy St. Patrick's Day, Angela"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind doing the traditional corned beef, cabbage and Irish soda bread each year. This time, in my new crockpot.
    Happy St. Patrick's Day.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you a fun, and tea-filled St. Patrick's Day! ~ Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy St. Patrick's Day to you too, Angela. Such a sweet card!

    Hope you have fun celebrating the "Wearing of the Green" and enjoy many pots of Irish Tea.

    This year I will be celebrating with High Tea and serve Shepherds Pie and a Savory Cheese and Chive Scones with some Braised Cabbage with Caraway Seeds on the side. Alton Brown has a great recipe for the Shepherds Pie. Dessert will be a Donegal Oatmeal Cream topped with Blackberry Jam and Clotted Cream. Our tea will be Brewley's Irish Breakfast.

    Slainte

    Mary Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy St. Pat's to you, too, Angela!

    My sister is having a family dinner party on sunday....my house is having some renovation work so it more than a bit out of commish right now for entertaining.....but I am bringing stuffed GREEN peppers and a crock of cream of potato soup for the occasion, if that gives you any ideas?

    Happy hugs,

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. We will have Corned Beef and Cabbage. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling card! Irish I had one too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the tea cup, and the precious little card! I have a drawer full of tea-themed cards that I've received over the years! Fun to shuffle through it every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy St. Patrick's Day, Angela! Love your post and I love this holiday. I had a chance to explore LaGrange on Saturday (my 1st visit there) and 'all over the Square,' the nicest shops had your Newnan Coweta magazine! Many were on display in the window - I was very impressed! I am ready to go back for a visit in LaGrange, such friendly people. Hope you have a nice week, Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  10. This showed up as an "You might also like" post, and it caught my eye, because I bought this same card just a few days ago! Didn't realize they were selling it a couple of years ago, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!