Monday, August 2, 2010

Teacupcakes

As soon as I first saw these Teacupcake molds on the very cool Fred Flare website (fredflare.com), I knew I had to have some! Unfortunately, when I tried to place an order I learned they were sold out. But fortunately, I found them on eBay and they were much cheaper to boot!

My only beef is that I wish the package contained at least 8 or 12 molds, because really, you can't make *four* cupcakes, can you? (I can't.) So I guess I will always have extras to decorate, but for tea parties and a fun entertaining idea in general, I just love these silicone Teacupcake molds! I was glad I read the package instructions before using them, as I learned it is best to grease them with oil and not cooking spray, since the spray can discolor the molds. (The saucers aren't ovenproof, so it's only the teacup-shaped molds which go in the oven.)

I made chocolate cupcakes using a favorite recipe, one I know is a good make-ahead cupcake which is extra moist even two days later, and I will be surprising three girlfriends by showing up with these at my Tuesday night Bible study. I can't wait!

15 comments:

  1. Those are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really cute! I've never tried baking in silicone pans, but those cupcake molds might induce me to try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute!!!! I've never seen anything like this before- good find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those baking cups are so cute!
    Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are absolutely adorable. I'm off to ebay to find them.

    What is so neat is that they look so cute with just a plain chocolate frosted top and nothing fancy added.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so cute - another amazing find! Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK I know I'm bing a little dense here . You serve them in the mold? The person pops it out at there place or eats it w/ a fork?? I think they are very cute but don't quite get the logistics.Agree more in a set would be better

    ReplyDelete
  8. No problem, Belinda! Yes, you serve them in the mold, the cup-and-saucer set. (Although you COULD pop the cupcake out, I suppose, but I wouldn't.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really cute!! I think you could get the same look by placing a cupcake with liner in a regular teacup and saucer to serve - provided you have a set with a complimentary shape!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!!! I SO need these! I'm going to have to see if I can find some too. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these Angela! I use white milk glass punch cups to make cupcakes for tea parties; spray inside with cooking spray, then spoon in prepared batter to fill 2/3 full. Bake according to cake package directions for cupcakes. Frost when cool, or top with a scoop of ice cream. Susan T.

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I first saw these advertised I thought maybe there was one mold only, but glad to hear there is at least the 4. Yes, 4 really isn't enough.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bake and Serve! I lurve this!!! I want this!!! ha ha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!