Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Sweet Tea Quilt



Several weeks before Christmas, I picked up the new (February 2010) issue of American Patchwork & Quilting magazine solely because it included a pattern for a beautiful -- and beautifully named -- Sweet Tea Quilt. When my husband asked me what I wanted for Christmas, I happily sent him a link to this quilt kit at fatquartershop.com. Can you guess what my first needlework project of the new year is going to be?

I've never really desired a quilt kit before, preferring to choose my own fabrics or take a "scrap bag" approach to making blocks and motifs, but this one I loved. The pattern centers around blocks of individual teacups, and I think the pink fabrics they selected are just lovely!




The fabrics are by Holly Holderman for Lakehouse Dry Goods and are part of the Teatime Floral Two collection. I plan to start this on New Year's Day, and you can bet I'll be posting about it along the way!

7 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous quilt kit. I love the teacups and the pink and white color scheme. Can't wait to see pics of your work.

    Your new header is very pretty with the collage of photos from your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up about the changes. I do catch your blog in a reader and have subscribed to the new location - wouldn't have wanted to miss it! Your new "house" looks very pretty, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new header and background color! I'll look forward to continuing my daily tea fix over here at your new site.
    I'll be a follower here as soon as you add the "follow button".
    Congrats Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Follower button! Yes! (Thanks for the reminder, Lisa!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the quilt!!! I know yours will look just as lovely. This would be one that would inspire me to start quilting!
    Your new site header is gorgeous!
    I was planning on changing mine too, but also thinking of just stopping it all together. I'm glad to know you are not!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful quilt. I can't wait to see progress as you make it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!