Monday, December 14, 2009

O Christmas (Tea) Tree!

Over the years I've observed that pulling out Christmas decorations is always so much fun because you find things you had forgotten you had, and so it is with these teacup and teapot ornaments on my pink feather tree. I see ornaments from my husband, my mom, my aunt, and friends Susan, Beth, Sandra, Ellen, Elizabeth-in-Arkansas (I always think of her that way), Marilyn, Ashly, Ruth and more.


My final two additions to this year's tree were actually contributed by my Aunt Jane on Saturday. She has upgraded her own tree at my parents' house to feature more colorful vintage beaded ornaments. So, she wanted me to have a teacup and teapot ornament she had tired of, including this pink glass one. I have wanted one of these for years! Lovely!

This vintage pink bell and holly leaf garland was actually wrapped around a present years ago, and I just love it. It makes the sweetest little tinkling sound.

As someone who's never been that fond of red, I was delighted when the white-clothed Santas came on the decorating scene a few years ago. And the domed mini-cake stands I bought this fall are certainly proving versatile, here displaying a favorite white teapot ornament that was a gift from my friend Susan.

Since my husband painted our living and dining room walls robin's egg blue last year, I have become more attuned to things that are that shade of blue, like this ornament (it's just inexpensive resin, but I love the design)...

... and three candles I bought on clearance a few years ago for 25 cents for all three. I knew they'd come in handy one day. I realized I don't actually own any flat glass candleholders or votives, so this is where a cup and saucer collection comes in handy -- I can find a saucer to match anything!

I've had my pink tree displayed at home and at the office, and this year it's at home again. It's displayed at the foot of the stairs, and I know I'll be sure to pass by it many times each day and reflect on the pleasures of tea and friends as I celebrate Christmas.

12 comments:

  1. Your tea-themed feather tree and the table on which it sits is beautiful, Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! A very nice post, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Angela, it's so pret-tea! I've been waiting for this post, I was dying to see your tee-tree since you mentioned it a few weeks ago, I'm in love...
    Happy Holidays,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe, so lovely and pretty! I love getting out the decorations from all the seasons too, all the memories they bring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tree. I especially love the pink vintage bell with holly garland. I have never seen anything like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Angela, just so lovely - the tree and the ornaments! I love the pink glass-ornament: so delicate looking! You have such great taste and I appreciate you sharing it on your site - it's always interesting. Thanks and have a great week, Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely and sentimental tree.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tea tree display is beautiful. The ornaments are so pretty. I especially like the new pink glass teacup. Thank you for sharing your lovely Christmas decor photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interessanter Beitrag

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!