Friday, July 26, 2019

A particularly tea-ish issue of Victoria magazine

Friends, the September issue of Victoria magazine is one that some of you will not want to miss! It's the annual British Issue, yes, but I was smitten when I saw the words "The gracious ritual of taking afternoon tea" on the cover. (Like we've never read an article about afternoon tea, right? Still, there is always more to learn.)

This spread was just beautiful, and I give bonus points to those who feature Elmwood Inn Fine Teas.

And I give even *more* bonus points when I come across a piece of silver-plate I've never seen before! Do you know what the gorgeous bell-shaped piece is? Click here if you'd like to know.

And as if all that weren't fun enough, there's a "Behind the SEAMS" feature on costumes in the series The Crown. Lots of fun for tea lovers and Anglophiles, in other words. Happy reading!

5 comments:

  1. And at a measley $670.00 I'll take 2 !!! LOL I never would have known it was a biscuit box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! (And like you, I wouldn't have ever dreamed that's what it was!)

      Delete
  2. That looks like a fun issue! I did not recognize that silver bell-shaped box--I have seen other biscuit boxes, but they were square or cylindrical, so I had no idea what this was.
    Now I'll know, the next time I see one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just enjoying this magazine over my lunch today. It is one to be savored. I was fascinated that they were showing some fashions as the "old" Victoria so often had a fashion article and I really missed that. Yes, beside tea, I like fashion, nature, and food. This magazine issue had it all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!