Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Some tea connections you might not have considered

As a writer, I love to come across offbeat books that make me think differently about things and people. Recently, that included the book Correlated: Surprising Connections Between Seemingly Unrelated Things by Shaun Gallagher. (Dollar Tree. One dollar. Score!)

I honestly had no idea a tea connection was in this book, so imagine my surprise when I'm reading along one night and came across this. Now, let me just say that regarding item number one, I do not wish to know your thoughts. TMI and NSFTB (Not Suitable For Tea Blog). But I am interested in the second item. It says 60 percent of people prefer mechanical pencils (to non-mechanical pencils, I assume). But among those who prefer tea to coffee (that includes me!), 71 percent prefer mechanical pencils (and I do *not* prefer mechanical pencils to non-mechanical ones). Do you? Just curious whether this tidbit holds up with readers of this blog!

8 comments:

  1. I don't use pencils much but I do slightly prefer the mechanical ones. They usually have better erasers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny are these connections! Yes, I prefer mechanical pencils. I use a Mont Blanc mechanical pencil everyday. I think it is because it is bigger then a pencil, more like a pen, and because I am left handed, (not sure on this connection), not because I drink tea. At least now, I have an explanation for one of my quirks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, Angela, I don't like mechanical pencils. I'd rather have a plain old wood pencil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never liked mechanical pencils--they're too much trouble. I prefer the simplicity and pleasant feel of a wooden pencil.
    --from Vernona in DC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guess this does not apply to me ... as much as I keep trying to prefer tea over coffee, I'm not there yet; I most likely would opt for a wooden pencil over a mechanical one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mechanical pencils are my choice. For years I preferred the .5mm lead but they break so often I have switched to the .7mm. The brand does makes a difference, Pentel works well and the white erasers are much better than the pink ones on wooden pencils.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do prefer mechanical pencils because I used one for many years in my professional life. But it must be a good pencil.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!