Friday, March 16, 2018

Guylian Matcha Green Tea Chocolates

The cookies and candies for sale at T.J. Maxx, I find, can be iffy. I've bought some chocolate teacups that disintegrated the moment I opened the package, and I've bought some cookies that tasted like slightly sugared cardboard. So while I'm happy to buy teas there, I don't often try the foods. But I decided to take a gamble and brought home these Guylian Matcha Green Tea Artisanal Belgian Chocolates when I saw them there the other day.

I loved the little seahorse shapes!

I turned one over and was surprised to find some milk chocolate along with the white chocolate shell.

Where was the matcha? I had to slice one open to confirm that the matcha filling was inside. (Or I could have just bitten into it, but that wouldn't make for a pretty photo.) And I'm delighted to report that these were absolutely delicious! These chocolates tasted fresh and sweet with just a light matcha taste. The consistency reminded me of Lindt Lindor Truffles, of which I have long been a fan.

There was only one box of these at the T.J. Maxx I visited, for an obvious reason, but if I see more, you can bet I'll be buying them! Have any of you tried these chocolates before? I'd love to have some of these on hand the next time I host a tea!

5 comments:

  1. Those are really cute and so unusual. And they would indeed be a great treat to serve at a tea. I hope you can find some more of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your gamble paid off. They are pretty. I too am weary of the food at TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning, and the like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my goodness. I love, love, love Guylian chocolates and yes the shapes are adorable. I became a fan years ago on a trip back from Germany when I purchased these Belgian chocolates in the duty free shop at the airport in Frankfort. This last Christmas the Walgreen's by my home had them which is unusual. But I have never seen the Matcha Green ones. I will definitely be looking for them. I do love Matcha tea and the combination with the Guylian chocolates would be sensational.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These would be lovely on a tea tray for sure. Happy to hear they were good. Now I will be watching, though I don't often visit TJMaxx.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried these but will definitely be on the lookout for them as I love Belgian chocolates. Thanks for letting us know they're worth trying.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!