Monday, July 31, 2017

Making Peach Tea Ice Pops

Friends, I am going to share the easiest recipe you will ever find on this blog: Make some tea. Add some chunks of fruit if you like. Freeze it in ice pop molds. The end.

I got this idea when a thoughtful tea friend sent me a recipe for Black Tea Cherry Ice Pops that she found in a magazine. As soon as I saw it, I couldn't believe that I haven't made tea ice pops before, and I made a mental note to be on the lookout for ice pop molds. I happened to be in Walmart over the weekend and saw one of those end-of-aisle displays full of these molds for just 92 cents each. Sold!

I didn't have the ingredients on hand to make the Black Tea Cherry flavored pops (but plan to; they're made with black tea and honey and pureed cherries and sound divine!), but I was eager to try the molds, so I plopped in some peach-flavored green rooibos. I filled the cavities half full of tea, added a few pieces of fruit, and placed the mold in the freezer. I filled each cavity only halfway because otherwise, I knew the fruit would all float up to handle level. After the mold spent a few hours in the freezer, I added the rest of the tea and let the pops freeze completely. Then I lowered the entire mold in a pan of hot water to help the molds loosen slightly, and the pops popped out beautifully. Can't remember the last time I had this much fun for 92 cents!

7 comments:

  1. Angela, I just emailed you about a problem with your "Comment As" box not coming up, but I tried another browser and it's working. But it's not working with Internet Explorer. Anyway ...

    Love your popsicles! Though I'm a year-round daily (several times a day) hot tea drinker, I do enjoy the occasional iced tea. And this looks like the perfect blend of iced tea and my favorite fruit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm ... not sure why one browser would let you and one wouldn't, but thanks for letting me know -- I'll be on the lookout to see if any others are having this problem. And yes, the peach and iced tea pop is a great combo for those of us who love peaches! :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds refreshing and delicious! And the price was right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great find! Will have to try it too! Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having a grandson come by from time to time I do make popscicles. What a bargain on the mold. I don't usually use tea in the molds, but it does sound good with the peaches. I usually just do half coconut water and half fruit juice. Works well too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angela, I have given away my popsicle maker but I may have to invest in another if I can make tea popsicles. I really love the idea and have added your blog to my roll. Have a great day. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried tea for popscicles. We will have to try that when we finish the batch in the freezer. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!