Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Just cutting up!

Sometimes, it's those items I use the most I have the hardest time replacing. But when my trusty old cutting board started looking a bit raggedy, I knew it was time to act. I just didn't know I would find a new one with teacups on it!

OK, so technically it's a tempered glass cheese server, but in a household of two people a small cutting board is just hunky dory. It has padded feet on back, too, which keep it from slipping around on the counter.

I just love this cute teacup design! It was also nice that this board was on clearance at a T.J. Maxx in Marietta for just $5 (and I had a gift certificate, too, so really it was free; it has occurred to me that if T.J Maxx would sell eggs, produce and milk I'd hardly ever have to visit another store!).

If you've got to spend some time in the kitchen chopping up the vegetables, I say, why not do it in style!

18 comments:

  1. Lovely design...I agree about JX (and Home Goods and Marshalls). I need a new cutting board and happen to be going to a store right beside TJX after work...hmm.Thanks for sharing the find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lovely teacup design on your new cutting board - much more stylish than most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lucky you found one when you were actually looking. It often seems as if fun items only pop up when you don't need them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Angela
    Well isn't this just the cutest and perfect for you!
    I still have glass cutting boards with pretty designs although just to put hot things on now. When I was cutting on them regularly, I dulled my good knives so keep that in mind if yours are expensive too.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Especially the little bee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty. I really love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love love love love that cutting board!!!!!!!

    What a find!!! Whoo hoo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They've got a super Walmart and a Super Target. Why not a Super TJ Max? Or at least a Super Kohl's?! I mean, help a tea lover out, right?! Great Post!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love your new cutting board/cheese server! Such a pretty design at such a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  10. how neat - now you can chop in style.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Angela,

    Cute cutting board.

    Regarding your teapot from the other day (Halle), in case somebody hasn't already told you, it looks like it is hotel silver, not pewter. Try googling "soldered silver" for more info. It will look awesome polished up, but looks gorgeous tarnished. The good news is that if you polish it and then change your mind, it will eventually tarnish again.

    Lois from Southwestern PA

    ReplyDelete
  12. I visited my "local" TJ Maxx on Sunday and did not see this. Bummer! But, I'm glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is an awesome cutting board! I'm going to keep an eye out for one like it since we're moving soon, and will be leaving the old cutting boards behind with the current tenant.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Angela, what a great find -
    I love those colors! You do such an awesome job 'on the shopping trail!'
    * If you ever run across another, I will happily buy it from you!'
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is the cutest thing! I have never seen one half as nice! Well done!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!