Friday, December 3, 2021

Thai Chai from Adagio Teas

 

I didn't quite make my self-appointed November deadline to finish sampling the new fall teas from Adagio Teas, but I'm happy to have saved one of the best for last this week. This blend contains black tea, cinnamon, ginger, coconut, cardamom, lemon grass, and natural coconut flavor. The name?


Thai Chai! I so enjoyed my tea sampler from Adagio this fall and have learned to appreciate the nuances of flavor in different chais, which I had assumed would all taste pretty much alike. This one, especially, changed my mind, and in the future, I'll be paying more attention to the variations in the chai teas I try.


I even liked watching this one steep. Doesn't that blend look warm and cozy? Although it's in the seventies in Georgia this week, the fact that it's December has me sipping lots more hot tea, and the naturally sweet taste of this one was quite enjoyable. Do you have a favorite chai?

3 comments:

  1. That steeping chai DOES look interesting--it looks like vegetable soup! What Americans call chai usually is drunk with milk in it, I am not a fan, since I don't care for milk in my tea. In Russian (and in Hindi, too), the word "chai" simply means "tea" (I think it comes from the Chinese word for tea, "cha.")

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s a pretty tea. I’m really enjoying Adagio lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarà buonissimo! Mi piacerebbe assaggiarlo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!