Friday, October 22, 2010

Caramelized Pear Biodynamic Green Tea

Often I marvel that Whole Foods hasn't already built a store on the south side of Atlanta. So many of my friends make a special trip to Atlanta to go to one, and I do too, periodically. Last weekend, it was actually my husband's idea to make a stop at Whole Foods. He was searching for some good coffee to have coarsely ground to try in that new French press I wrote about earlier in the week. I, of course, had to scan the tea aisle, and I came home with this Caramelized Pear Biodynamic Green Tea from Zhena's Gypsy Tea.

This tea comes in a tin of 15 "couture tea sachets," those nice silky teabags that are so popular these days.

Do you like pears? I do, and the idea of combining caramel and pear flavors in a tea greatly appealed to me. So how was it? I was very, very pleased that the rich sweetness of pears came through in this tea's delicious taste, so next time you're at Whole Foods you may want to pick up a tin!

5 comments:

  1. It sounds delicous, Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tea sounds yummy and I bet it smells wonderful too. Your post made me curious, so I had to go to Zena's tea website and find out all about Biodynamics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This tea sounds wonderful and I can't wait to try it. I also like the design of the tin. Thanks for the review, Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the taste of pears! This sounds like a must-have for me. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does sound good. Caramel and pears are both yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!