Tuesday, October 19, 2010

An accidental collection

My newest piece of tea-themed jewelry is this tiny, one-inch-tall vintage bow pin with a teapot charm featuring a white enamel design with a pink rose. This petite piece will have to find just the right perch, such as a blouse or coat collar or perhaps a turtleneck sweater when it turns cool enough. A while back I found a similar rose-on-enamel design locket and gave it to the friend it immediately reminded me of. I had never thought to look for a similar tea-themed piece for myself until I happened upon this one!

Last Christmas, a girlfriend gave me this beautiful vintage pin featuring a robin's egg blue enamel design and a similar rose. I love the design and the pretty rose, and these pieces somehow remind me of grown-up versions of the jewelry I wore as a little girl.

And so it was a lovely surprise when another friend gifted me with this vintage hatpin last week. She had purchased a collection of old hatpins at an estate sale and told me to select my favorite one. Isn't this piece just exquisite? I can just picture it adorning some wide-brimmed, rose-strewn hat of yesteryear, perhaps one worn to teatime! Since they say three of anything constitutes a collection, I guess I'm a collector of these pieces now. Purely by accident, but it was a happy accident!

7 comments:

  1. so pretty,enjoyed the detail shown on your photos. those pens may be small but they uplift my spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say it is the perfect collection for you. Very pretty roses, each one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are such pretty pieces, Angela. The vintage pin with the bow is precious. Enjoy your collection, Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never met a tea lover who didn't love roses. What a nice collection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely collection. That teapot pin is the sweetest piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What pretty pieces! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!