Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Rishi's Organic Tropical Crimson Iced Tea

Maybe it's not that hot where you live, but here in Georgia it has been H-O-T lately, with temperatures in the high nineties and terrible humidity. It's muggy hot. Thunderstorm-and-crazy-lightning hot. And for that reason, the first thing I do when I come in from work each afternoon is make a nice big glass of iced tea. Fortunately I've got some great teas to choose from, and a new one I'm fond of is Rishi's Organic Tropical Crimson Iced Tea. I cold brew it by pouring water over the teabags and letting it steep in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight, and it is just delicious.

When fully steeped, this tea turns a bright raspberry color, which hints at the tartness of the tea itself. The flavors are sooooo refreshing, and here's how the company describes it: "Tropical Crimson is a refreshing blend of hibiscus, lemongrass and fruity Caribbean flavors that makes an all natural punch with notes of passion fruit, citrus and cooling herbs." (I feel cooler just reading that!) Do you have a favorite iced tea? If so please share, because summer in Georgia lasts a long time!

7 comments:

  1. I love the harney and sons plain black iced tea made from their family sized tea bags!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy reading your blog first thing each morning. Thank you for sharing.
    Last Sat. we were in Boston & we THOROUGHLY enjoyed Cynthia Gold's tea pairings. We learned so much. Thanks for having the info on your blog about it. Jan Wang

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious! It has been so hot lately, I look forward to trying this. Thanks for sharing, Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually my favorite iced tea is Monk's Blend, which I sell. Whenever I serve it people just love it.

    I love the pitcher you are using. It reminds me of one we had when I was a little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been drinking a Republic of Tea Green tea with pomegranate as iced tea. (mostly to use it up, I've had this tea for a while). We always have a pitcher of "southern" iced tea on hand too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, I know this is kind of crazy, but my husband has been going to QuickTrip to get fountain drinks. One day when I was with him and didn't want to sit in the HOT 99+ degree car, I went in and discovered one of their fountain drink offerings was a white peach, sugar-free tea. 32 ounces, 49 cents. I am sure it wasn't as good as your iced tea but very refreshing on a hot summer afternoon in Georgia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This tea looks amazing! I like the Tazo passion Iced tea (from Starbucks) and this looks really similar to it~ Have you tried the Tazo passion tea? Would you say it's similar to the one from Rishi?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!