Tuesday, July 20, 2010

On iced tea glasses

My current favorite iced tea glass comes from a set of four I got at a local antique mall last year.

The frosted glasses are decorated with beautiful roses that remind me of old-fashioned handpainted toleware.

Bargain hunter that I am, I had actually looked at these glasses for at least two years before purchasing them. I "visited" them several times while they were $3.95 each, but $16 for four glasses just sounded like too much. Then one day, I saw a bright orange sticker and the magic number "$2.50." That's just the price I was waiting for. Sold!

When I pulled these glasses down from among some other glasses the other day, I realized I've had a bit of a rose theme going without even realizing it. At least everything will be good for "mixing and matching" if I ever need to entertain a group where lots of folks want iced tea!

Earlier this year, I was going to show you my then-favorite new tea glass. Guess you've heard by now what happened to that plan! (I did keep my glass, though, as I don't plan on licking the paint anytime soon. And my sister agreed with me that these may be worth something on eBay one day.) So for now I'll just stick with roses. And iced tea. Ahhhh ...

9 comments:

  1. When I scrolled down and suddenly saw Shrek, after seeing all those lovely rose glasses, it made me laugh! your rose glasses are beautiful, and shrek is good for a laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too laughed! How funny to be admiring those pretty rose covered glasses then to get the "Shrek" surprise! Funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too will "visit" an item before
    purchase. If it is meant for you,
    it will wait for you to buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a range! I love the flowers and the ogre!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your iced tea glasses are so pretty... I really love the frosted ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your ice tea glasses. Isn't it fun to pull out a special one to treat ourselves with tea? I love it and love your rose theme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all your ice tea glasses. Isn't it fun to pull out a special one to treat ourselves with tea? I love it and love your rose theme.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful ice tea glasses! I like seeing all the designs - they look good together. Happy sipping, Joanie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!