Thursday, July 22, 2010

Octavia Tea's French Breakfast Tea

The first time I ever had any Octavia Tea was during my recent trip to Wisconsin, where I discovered it being served at the Atrium Tea Room in Sheboygan Falls. There I enjoyed the Rooibos and Roses tea, but I also purchased a tin of Octavia's French Breakfast Tea to take home with me.

This is a black tea described as having notes of caramel and vanilla, and it sounded too tempting to pass up.

When I opened the tin, I was pleased to see its design. I realize it's always nice when tins have those inner seals to keep tea fresh, but some of them are so hard to open, I always seem to end up slinging loose tea around! You can see from the design of this one that it is much easier to get into. And the tea? I'm happy to report it was just delicious! The first time I had a cup, I brewed it for a full five minutes and found it too strong for my taste. In fact, I thought I detected the merest hint of Lapsang Souchong, and I was not happy. But I decided to try again, with a little less tea, a little shorter steeping time, and the result was the delicious caramel and vanilla taste advertised. A happy customer here!

8 comments:

  1. I love Octavia Teas! The first one I ever purchased was a lovely Lime Blossom green tea. And actually that one wasn't loose, but in 'silken sachets'. It's a great summertime tea -- it's nice hot or iced! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a delicious tea! I love the container too - so stylish. Have a great day,
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a delicious tea! I love the container too - so stylish. Have a great day,
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. A new tea to me. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not familiar with Octavia Tea. Isn't it exciting how tea has become so popular in the market place?!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is always so fun to find a new tea to love. This one sounds delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a nice tea. I'll have to look for this brand.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,

    My daughter and I have just created an online tea cottage & Garden, that features all the Octavia teas and wanted to share the Great news with you and yours. www.mumandmetea.com. When you get a chance we hope you stop by for a visit and cup of tea on us. Sending Much Love and Many, Many, Many Blessings.

    Mum & Me :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!