Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The T-Squeeze


Here at the Tea With Friends blog, our motto is, "We test all those cheap, cheesy tea gadgets so you don't have to!" And today we bring you the T-Squeeze, billed as a "unique tea bag squeezer and cup cover."

So, does it work? It's easy enough to use, which is a good thing since the package photos are the only instructions that come with this device. And truly, if you need something to help you squeeze the everlasting life out of your teabags, this may be just the ticket.

Aesthetically, the T-Squeeze is kind of clunky looking. It dribbled a bit, and of greater concern, it's another item creating counter clutter (or desk clutter, if you're at the office). And may I make a confession? I don't actually *squeeze* my teabags most of the time. I just let them do their business and then toss them away. Still, for $2.99 I was content to have found a new addition to my growing collection of odd tea gadgets!

10 comments:

  1. Oh my! I must say I got a good laugh at this tea gadget! But you can't beat the price for a collector of tea stuff (like you and me). *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  2. well the price is right! lol and it is nice that it becomes a tea cover also. many times i make my own tea bags with little muslin bags so i can use different herbals of my own for my "teas" and when i travel this might be just the ticket to squeeze them out good so they aren't drippy when i put them away to take home and clean to reuse. plus, if you want to get the medicinal value out of those sort of teas they need to be covered for about 15 minutes to keep the volatile oils from just evaporating and to be able to get the full benefit of the herbs. so actually, i rather like this!thanks for sharing another unique find angela! you rock lady! hugs:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just last night I was at a friend's house, and she had something like this. I was so impressed! I always squeeze my tea bags just a little so they don't drip all over as I'm moving them to the garbage can, and I am ALWAYS burning my fingers! Hers, though, was square shaped (a rectangle when opened), and it had little v's for the tea to run to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe it would help to keep the tea warm while it steeps in the cup. It could be handy to ready the bags for disposal, like Melanie mentioned. Anyway, it is an interesting addition to your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not very cute or sassy to pull out of your purse but overall I like the idea of it! You lucky gal to try all these fun things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just use my spoon to squeeze the dickens out of the tea bags & my saucer to cover the tea cup while it's steaming. I know, I know that's a tea connoiseur's major faux pau but hey, as long as no one else is here to see.(LOL:-0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I must agree it is an odd tea gadget. Funny what people come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess that lifting my tea bag out with the spoon and wrapping the attached tea string around the bag (and spoon) and giving it a good squeeze before discarding may be archaic or in bad taste, but it works for me. The rest of the time I just dump my tea bag in the trash and I admit that I often have to wipe up the drips. It probably says something about me that I also don't mind tea leaves or leaf dregs in my tea, so some of the gadgets are a bit lost on me. I kind of liked this gadget because it makes a good tea cover. That way if I had tea on my deck, it would be safe from invaders or debris carried on the wind. I would use it as a tea cover. I am also in agreement with Kathy Bo. Decoupage.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!