Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A kid in a tea candy store


It's rare that I go in a World Market store and don't leave with some new tea-related product. I've bought tea and tea mints, teawares and teatime cookies. My latest find? This tea candy from Bali's Best.

The candy is naturally flavored and really does taste like iced tea and green tea latte. And at just $1.99 for a bag of 40 pieces, I thought this was a good value. In fact, I haven't filled the candy basket at work for a while, so I'm going to add these candies and see what sort of reviews they get.

A few years ago, a co-worker gave me an article she'd found listing the results of the Life Savers (Candy) Dish on Office Life poll. It found:

• Candy dish owners believe they're more organized, hardworking and creative.

• The typical candy dish owner is female, Republican, married and twice as likely as others to be satisfied with her job.

• Candy dish owners are more likely to have gotten a bonus (43 percent) in the past year.

• Six of 10 candy dish owners reported getting a raise in the last year.

• Those sad souls who work in an office without a candy dish? They're three times as likely to be job hunting. So if you want to add to office peace and harmony, fill that candy dish!

4 comments:

  1. I will search out those candies next time I am at World Market!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In that case ... I should mention that I found them near the checkout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting! I don't live near a World Market, unfortunately...but these would be great to try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought a package of the Iced Tea candies at our local World Market not long ago. They are nice, aren't they! I have a candy dish on my desk at work and our new summer interns think it's so cool that "the tea lady" has tea flavored candy on her desk!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!