Friday, February 22, 2019

"Young girl in white dress" — a teatime writing prompt

I have a folder on my computer desktop where I will occasionally store a photo that I think would making a good writing prompt. I've taught writing only a few times so far, and will happily do so again if I ever find the time, but I will always be prepared to offer a photo for a writing prompt. This involves simply sharing an image and asking the student to write something about it. I found this image on the Library of Congress website and think it would make a great writing prompt.

What do you see when you look at this little girl? What's going on in her head? Is she happy or sad? Do you think you could make up a story about her? I do!

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet photo! Yes, I'm sure I could make up a story about it...but I have work to do this morning so I won't get into storydreaming right now. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very enigmatic look on the little girl's face. She could just be feeling shy, or feeling guilty about something. You're right that the photo is a good writing prompt, since it's open to so many interpretations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet photo. I wonder if they still do writing prompts in high school classes? I’ll have to ask my friend with children older than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think she is sad. Quite often my blog posts are inspired by pictures I have taken. I love writing like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!