Monday, October 23, 2017

Announcing the Tea Lovers' Book Club!

I love book clubs, and I've been in several over the years, so I don't know why it only recently occurred to me to launch The Tea Lovers' Book Club! Here's how it will work: If you want to join, just read the book. That's it. I plan to announce each month's book at least one month in advance, and I'll let you know the day I plan to post my own thoughts and ask for others to share theirs.

Based upon quite a few excellent recommendations, I've chosen The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane by Lisa See for the first Tea Lovers' Book Club selection. Several tea friends have already read the book, so I hope you'll come back the first Monday of December, December 4, and join in the discussion! My hope is that others will be encouraged to read more books on a theme we all know and love.

AND ... to make this even more fun, I am planning some special giveaways and prizes *exclusively* for those who participate in the book club. I've already been thinking of how fun it would be to have, say, a bookmark exchange for those who participate in The Tea Lovers' Book Club.

So there you go. I want to keep it simple with no official sign-up, not a lot of rules, and just an easy way to be inspired to do a little more reading. And if you want to join in the fun, start reading The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane now, and I'll see you back here to discuss it on December 4.

Got suggestions for other tea-themed books the club should read? Ideas for more ways we could have fun with a book club? Just let me know!

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun, I'll see about finding this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I have the book in my over-flowing stack. I'll have to dig (literally) it out! I've always enjoyed books written by Lisa See.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and clever idea. Having already read the book, I feel I'm ahead of the game! Put the kettle on and measure out the puerh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angela, What a great idea! I guess it is a popular book because all 19 copies are out. I have put a hold on the book at the library. Hopefully, I will get it in time to participate. A bookmark would be a nice exchange. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yippeeee sounds great......love your blog dee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your idea! The search is on......thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful idea! I'm looking forwarding to reading the first book, and hopefully there will be many other good ones to come.
    --from Vernona in DC

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book is definitely a good one to start with. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful idea, Angela! I read the book and just loved it. It is a page turner!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!