Friday, May 26, 2017

A tin tea mug for garden lovers!

For a couple of months now, I've noticed that the Peachtree City T.J. Maxx has had some cute $4.99 tea mugs made of tin. I've really tried to put the brakes on acquiring many more teacups and tea mugs, but I was in the checkout line at T.J. Maxx this week when I saw one of these mugs that I just couldn't leave behind!

Even the tags on this mug are cute! The back of the tag tells me that this mug of powder-coated steel should not be used in the microwave (not a problem), and it's a copyrighted design from Bell & Curfew, a company in Bath in the UK and Brooklyn, N.Y. 


I did wonder whether the handle of a tin tea mug filled with tea would be too hot to, you know, handle, but it wasn't. I wish I'd seen a few more of these mugs since I have a few friends they'd be perfect for, but alas, there was just the one. If you'd like one for yourself, though, be sure to check out the checkout line at your local T.J. Maxx!

11 comments:

  1. That is so cute! I was just at the TJM in Blue Ridge a few days ago but didn't see any of these - I'd have been tempted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! Lot of gardening and tea drinking going on at this time of year! Wish we had a TJM close!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is so cute.

    What a perfect container to put in a little plant as a hostess gift.

    Perfect gift for our mutual blogging friend Judith of Lavender Cottage! ♥

    Have a wonderful weekend. I'm off to the lake to celebrate our nephew's graduation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for posting... what a neat idea a tin tea mug!!!! I always seem to chip or break the handle on china mugs. Great alternative! You always find the neatest Tea items!
    Karyl

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Your TJM store always has the best stuff! I will be on the look out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely cup.
    Have an amazing day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute mug and perfect for you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for the tip! I stopped by my TJ Maxx and there was one left; good thing I only needed one :) I've just discovered your blog and am enjoying going through your archives.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!