Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tea Party Scrapbook Week Day 2 - Tea With a Girlfriend

My dear friend Beth is the person I've taken tea with most often, and she and I have always been up for a road trip if it involved a new tearoom. Years ago, we headed south to a town near Columbus which was then home to a Magnolia and Ivy tearoom. Later Magnolia and Ivy opened in Sandestin, Fla., and I had a great time there, but I will always remember fondly that first M&I visit Beth and I shared. Maybe that's why this is still one of my favorite layouts in my tea party scrapbook. (Double-click if you want to see more details.)

We both played dress-up that day, and even though Beth doesn't like to wear hats all that much she always looks so pretty in them!

Here we are in dress-up mode.

When our teas arrived -- Victorian Garden and Buckingham Palace -- the teapots were marked with cute little teapot-shaped labels.

Even the door to the tearoom was beautifully decorated with a tea-themed wreath. Everything about this tearoom was just lovely, and while I'm sorry it's no longer in business, it remains open forever through the pages of my scrapbook.

Tomorrow: Taking tea in the garden

5 comments:

  1. Angela, you have inspired me to get my tea-party scrapbook back out and work on it. I have not done anything on it in OVER a year and I have a lot to do! Thank you for sharing, your scrapbook, it is lovely!
    ~Donna A~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos and layouts today, Angela! Your scrapbook pages are lovely - thanks for sharing,
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. In 2000 I took M&I Tearoomforprofit and have been to both of these tearooms. I was so naive then to the world of tea. It was a great kick-off to my continual learning. I do miss knowing that they are still there, but Kay and Teri went onto other things. I am still in their Yahoo Group, but very little is said there anymore. I remember those hats and furs draped around the shop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was nice that you were able to visit the Magnolia and Ivy in Columbus. I only visited their Sandestin location once before it closed. Your friend Beth looks like fun tea companion. I love the tea theme wreath and need to add that to my list of projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. another cute scrapbook layout.

    Rec'd a new Oriental Trading catalog today & thought of you when I saw a new item. Teacup Magnetic Calendars, knowing you like tea-related items.
    $3.99 for a dozen.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!