Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My Mom's Tea Room

No, she's not *officially* in business, but the last time I went home to see my parents, my mom had redecorated the kitchen again. She has a huge formal dining room, but meals are also taken in this little breakfast nook, so she has been experimenting with different looks there. You have to understand that my mother has been known to change paint colors about as often as most of us change the sheets. She moved into the new (and hopefully forever) home in the spring, and I have yet to show up there without the fragrance of fresh paint lingering in the air. I always like whatever she does, I've just learned not to ever get too attached to it!

I absolutely love the "tea room" she has created, especially knowing that she did it for under $20. That includes $15 for the bargain-priced table and captain's chairs she got Daddy to paint white.

And $2 for the lovely pictures my dad picked up at a yard sale. Hopefully I have a reservation at this new tea room for about two weeks from now!

9 comments:

  1. How wonderful to be able to change so often.I love her new look,and what a great shopper she is.Lots of fun .Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Mom's tea room is beautiful - so pretty and feminine. It is amazing how little she spent to create such a lovely room. That china floral centerpiece is wonderful and it sounds like your Dad has a gift for thrifty shopping too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like Mom's tea room is 'an authentic,' open-to-the-public tea room! Very lovely and I can see where you get your creativity from.
    Very nice look, Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like Mom's tea room is 'an authentic,' open-to-the-public tea room! Very lovely and I can see where you get your creativity from.
    Very nice look, Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty! Let me know when she's taking reservations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mom's tea room turned out beautifully. And to think that she did it all so inexpensively! I can see that you two share a good eye for finding lovely bargains! I'm partial to green dining rooms, so I was instantly drawn to its serene hue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a nice tearoom your Mom has created and for such a good price. Love the wall color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The green paint is a winner!
    It is a good thing when you give
    a table and chairs new life !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!