Thursday, May 20, 2010

This teacup is for the birds

Over the weekend I had a $10 T.J. Maxx gift certificate I'd earned from my T.J. Maxx rewards card, and I was hoping to find something tea-ish to use it on. I was very pleased to find this great teacup with a bird on it for just $9.99, which means they paid ME a penny to take it, and that's my favorite way to shop.

Actually, this teacup has two birds on it.

And actually, it's more than just a teacup -- it's a teacup bird feeder!

I hung it near the Shade Garden so the birds and I can visit while I work. I hope they enjoy their "tea"!

12 comments:

  1. Why do I get the feeling everyone is going to make a mad dash to their local T J Maxx? Too cute! B-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Love your photo tease, too. This piece is the perfect garden accessory!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect! Love it! Want one!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want it! How's that for sounding like a brat! VERY CUTE ANGELA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always amazed at all the tea things you find. This one is so fun, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The perfect invitation to the shade garden!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love birds and tea! Lately, a goldfinch has been landing on my windowsill fairly regularly, about the same time I drink my morning cup of tea. Today it was a catbird, and yesterday there was a singing common yellowthroat.

    I love this time of year because it's the middle of migration and I never know what is going to be perched right out my window when I'm drinking my morning cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that is cute! Think the birds will come around with the statues there too? Keep us posted on the progress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet! As my granddaughter would say. I think many stores are realizing we have some serious decorators with tea in mind and I'm one of them. I keep my eye out for them everywhere I go. You gals have got me hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your teacup bird feeder is great. I really like that rich brown glaze.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!