Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Mexican Tea


Inspired by one of our magazine's writers who likes to venture into the local Mexican groceries, I took advantage of an afternoon tea break today and paid a visit to one of these businesses. Yes, as I suspected, they had Mexican teas! The kind gentleman at the Greenville Street store showed me a display of herbs and spices which included some very reasonably priced ($1.49) bags of tea. I got the "Te De Limon" (Lemon Grass) and "Siete Azahares" (Seven Blossoms). The seven blossoms, by the way, include linden flowers, Valerian root, peppermint, chamomile, tumba vaquero (a Mexican medicinal plant), passion flowers and St. John's Wort. I also bought some of the light, cakelike pastries, which I promptly left for the office to share so I wouldn't be tempted to eat them all myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!