Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Candy cane from another lane

Over the weekend, Alex and I were in the Sprouts natural and organic grocery store in Peachtree City, where I browsed the teas and was disappointed not to see any Candy Cane Lane from Celestial Seasonings. Later in the store, we ran into an old colleague, Steve, and his wife, Robin, and I happened to mention my fruitless quest. "I think I saw some candy cane tea over there," Robin said, pointing at a Christmas display in the store.

I rushed right over and found Sprouts's own candy cane-flavored tea, an herbal blend, and I must say it's a great substitute for Candy Cane Lane. It's got peppermint, cinnamon, spearmint, licorice root, roasted carob, natural flavors, and chicory, and it's delicious. In fact, now I'm debating whether to order some Candy Cane Lane off Amazon or simply go back to Sprouts for more of this one since I bought only two boxes and am drinking it like crazy!

It was only $2 a box, and I also love the fact the tea bags are individually wrapped. Have any of you tried Candy Cane tea from Sprouts? If so, what did you think?

6 comments:

  1. I have been looking for C.S. Candy Cane Lane & not found it this year. I don't have a Sprouts nearby. C.S. has vanilla in it. Do you notice its absence in the Sprouts' brand?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loralie, I think I would have to taste them side by side to tell you! (I wonder what's up with the CCL not being in stores, though?)

      Delete
  2. I thought I commented this morning. Wonder where it went! I have never been to a Sprouts store, but my daughter got me some Candy Cane tea at Whole Foods that I can't tell apart from the C.S. brand. I do enjoy it, especially at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do not have Sprouts. I haven’t seen CS ccl this year. I did see the Trader Joe’s version a few weeks ago. Maybe you’ll have to do a side by side taste test one day. :-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Sprouts in my neighborhood. A friend love Candy Cane Lane so much she did order on Amazon, but I also found a box for her too. I like it, but drink so many other things I usually don't buy it for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love CS Candy Cane tea and savor it every year at this time. Last year I couldn’t find it but heard about Trader Joe’s version and have found that to be an acceptable substitute for me. We don’t have Sprouts up in the Pacific Northwest so I can’t try theirs. I have seen CS a couple places this year so bought some of it again, and it even came with a little “mint-size” tin that allows me to carry a couple bags of the tea in my purse!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!