Monday, October 2, 2017

Teatime Holidays magazine

I was happy to see over the weekend that lots of holiday magazines have hit the rack at Ingles, and naturally, the one that caught my eye was the new Teatime Holidays, offering afternoon tea recipes for Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, and New Year's Eve.
Since I learned to use a cookie press a few years ago, these pretty embellished pressed cookies caught my eye, but when I realized they were made with matcha tea, that made me want to make them even more! 
And though I've always liked red velvet cake, I don't believe I've seen one adorned with crushed peppermints, which strikes me as a very, very good idea. I've also got a peppermint pie recipe from an old tearoom cookbook that I want to try this year, but this cake looks pretty yummy as well.

If you've picked up a few of these Teatime Holidays magazines over the years, you know exactly what to expect in the way of offerings, but I did want to mention one new savory idea that caught my eye. In at least two recipes, they've used those pre-packaged phyllo cups to serve salad-like treats including broccoli-kale slaw and crab salad. What do you think about that idea? I kind of like it. At any rate, if you're a collector of Christmas magazines as I am, here's one to look for now because it will be gone by the time you need it in December!

7 comments:

  1. We actually have an Ingles in town so I'll be looking for this magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be looking for this issue, thanks! We don't have an Ingles here. Teatime suggested I try Target. I learned the trick to press cookies, after breaking two presses. Don't chill the dough as my Joy Of Cooking cookbook states. Martha said there is no need, and she was right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked up my copy last Monday ... it's beckoning!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do believe this magazine would catch my fancy. There is a weakness inside of me for Holiday magazines.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made that exact cake a few years ago when I hosted a holiday tea. The chocolate and the mint went well together.

    Loved this copy of TTM.

    Hope you are well. Sorry I have been so absent. Have missed you terribly. Hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sil makes a peppermint red velvet cake during Christmas and it is great. I'm sure you will enjoy this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to know this is available! Will keep an eye out for my a copy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!