Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Teatime ornament round-up

I'm sure I must have used up my allotment of blog posts about tea-themed ornaments for the year, so please forgive me for adding just one more. I always love to hear where others find tea ornaments, so I feel compelled to share sources in case one of these ornaments strikes your fancy as well. I found this teacup ornament from Portmeirion at a T.J. Maxx in Kennesaw, and it matches the two teapot ornaments I found at my T.J. Maxx here in Newnan. Sweet!

T.J. was also the source of this Spode ornament.

And thanks to a tip from ParTea lady, I made a point of going through all the blue boxes of Wedgwood ornaments at the Kennesaw Marshalls until I found this Wedgwood teapot ornament, the only one they had! I have been wanting one of these for years.

At an antique mall, I found a 2001 Hallmark teacup ornament in the box. A little online research revealed that Hallmark has made quite a few tea-themed ornaments over the years, and I've collected three so far.

And since Cracker Barrel had teacup ornaments like this last year, I was surprised to find they had some of the same designs this year ...

as well as a new one with Santa in a teacup. Cute!

Finally, this Cracker Barrel ornament isn't tea-themed, but as soon as I saw this angel, it occurred to me my crafty friends might have fun making similar ornaments using vintage handkerchiefs.

Here is the back of the angel, but I think I would probably resist cutting my vintage handkerchiefs. And this weekend, it's finally going to be time to put up my Christmas trees!

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely assortment of ornaments. I particularly like the Wedgewood teapot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Festive! I, too, am a fan of the Wedgewood one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Angela - if there's ever a contest for 'Best Performance by a Specialty Shopper with an eye for the Unique & the Beautiful,' I am going to enter YOU!

    I love all the ornaments, but, the Wedgewood is so beautiful, it is my favorite too.

    By the way, do you remember the Cracker Barrel tea cup & teapot ornaments, from a few years back?
    (They had the holly & ivy design, I thought they were very pretty).

    I appreciate your shopping tips.
    Thanks for sharing, Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've found many delightful ornaments. I found a set of tiny teacups at a thrift store, actually my daughter spotted them and picked them up for me! She knows how to please her mamma. Thanks for sharing the angel, too. ♥♫

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Angela for the tips! I did find the teacup ornaments at Cracker Barrel, going to T.J. Max this weekend.
    Have a great week!
    ~Donna~

    ReplyDelete
  6. What pretty ornaments! And I love your new green holiday blog theme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have added a couple new ones this year too and will have to share one of these days. My little tea tree is decorated and sitting in my office. Love seeing your ornaments. I do think you win the prize for the most wonderful tea ornaments around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all really lovely ornaments. I have thought of having a "Tea Tree" some day....
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!