Monday, November 1, 2010

Tea Party Scrapbook Week Day 1 - Tea With Family

Friends, here is something I've debated sharing with you all for quite a while now, my tea party scrapbook. You see, I'm really a very, very amateur scrapbooker, by no means in league with all those scrapbooking queens out there who do marvelous, perfect work. But despite my scrapbooking insecurity, I decided I would "open my scrapbook" to my friends this week simply to pass along the idea of keeping a visual record of the tea parties you've held through the years. My scrapbook was a T.J. Maxx find, an inexpensive Mary Engelbreit design album suitable for 12 x 12 pages.

I haven't come across that many tea-themed stickers through the years (not that I've tried that hard!), but I did like these so much I decided to use them on my opening page.

And now, with your indulgence, I will spend the rest of the week sharing some of my tea parties and the pages which chronicle them. Alas, I'm bad about dating things, so I'll have to go back through some old date books to figure out precisely which year we were celebrating Aunt Jane's birthday! My oldest nieces are now 14 and 11, though, so that lets you know it's been a while. (Double click if you want to see a page in more detail.)

The yellow chintzware on the table reminds me this party was held around the time I began collecting Royal Winton Welbeck chintz.

If I want to remember what I served that day, all I have to do is look at the photo!

On my mom's 60th birthday, we all traveled to a tearoom near Atlanta for a bit of shopping and dining.

Niece Madison was obviously enjoying herself.

In fact, ladies of all ages enjoy dressing up!

But birthdays aren't the only reason to have tea with family. One time back before I married, the ladies in my family enjoyed a warm weather tea together on my small front porch.

Niece Cari enjoyed dressing up in one of my vintage hats.

And of course I had to honor the occasion by scrapbooking it!

Coming tomorrow: Scrapbooking a favorite tearoom visit with a girlfriend!

10 comments:

  1. What a special scrapbook! It is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your tea party scrapbook - it looks like it holds lots of fun memories. I collected those stickers too and they are hard to find.

    I keep a tearoom scrapbook that I need to update with my latest visit (Holly Cottage). :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your scrapbook! The fact that you have one is wonderful! I also collect tea stickers and you are right, they are hard to find! Thank you so much for sharing this with us.
    Can't wait to see more!
    ~Donna~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your scrapbook of tea parties! I'm not into scrapbooking, but your lovely one makes wish I were.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your scrapbook is very nice - such fond memories and it's enjoyable to watch the young ones, as they grow up. I have some photos of my nephews when they were four and five years old - and adorable - now they are 24 and 25 years old and very tall and handsome!
    Thanks for sharing, I enjoy your blog so much, Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love your posts! kiss
    Ivelise

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely scrapbook! I enjoyed seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! I think your love and passion show through!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun scrapbook. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful idea! I wish I had started that when I started doing and going to tea parties. I do have a small picture album of the tea I serve every Christmas, but that is it. Those were great tea stickers too. I had the same sheet of stickers and just recently finished using them. Actually some went in my JOY Journal.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!