Saturday, November 13, 2010

Tea and Books Saturday #46 - "The Doll's Tea Party"


The Doll's Tea Party
By M.C. Leeka
McClanahan Book Company, 1993


Wow, I can't believe I will review just six more tea books before the year comes to an end! This week, though, I wanted to share a simple little book that I came across years ago and which quickly became my favorite children's tea book, "The Doll's Tea Party."

This tale is told in sing-songy rhyme, which I happen to like, and centers around a little girl named Missy and her favorite doll, Anne Marie. One night, Missy goes to bed and places Anne Marie on the shelf, but unknown to her Anne Marie has plans of her own. She climbs down, changes into party clothes, and invites all the other toys to join her for tea. Now that's my kind of doll!

"The toys were so excited/To be part of all the fun./So Anne Marie got busy/Making tea for everyone./The lion set the table and/The clown pulled up the chairs./The toy soldiers were busy/Marching back and forth in pairs." And so on, and so on. This book is one I have enjoyed reading aloud to little girls (and once to some big girls!), and I think that is perhaps why this sweet teatime tale is such a favorite of mine. If you like children's books related to teatime, this is one you may wish to consider adding to your library!

4 comments:

  1. I especially love children's books about tea. This one looks like great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this review. I'll look for this book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was my daughter favorite book when she was a little girl

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!