Friday, November 26, 2010

Portmeirion Teapot Ornaments

Much as I always love to shop, friends are sometimes surprised to find I don't leave the house on Black Friday. It's this simple: I have yet to see the television set or laptop computer or yes, even a teapot that I'm willing to lose my life for. Besides, it's more fun staying home, crafting and drinking tea as I watch news coverage of the most chaotic malls in America. It's become a tradition for me! But today, if you're out and about and near a T.J. Maxx, you might want to know that my local store had some of these Portmeirion teapot ornaments. The patterns are The Holly and the Ivy, at left, and Botanic Garden.

I got one of each design for myself, and two more to give away as door prizes at next week's Tea for Toys here in Newnan.

I loved seeing that distinctive green ring around the top, and at $6.99 these were a bit more affordable than some of the other "brand name" teapot ornaments. So I have to ask: Are you a Black Friday shopper? Of course if you are, you probably aren't reading any blogs this morning! Whichever way you roll, I hope you enjoy this day-after-Thanksgiving, friends!

8 comments:

  1. I'm relaxing at the computer with a mug of tea. I'll soon be doing some baking for a second family Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow.

    Those Portmeirion ornaments are lovely. I went to the Clayton T.J. Maxx, but they didn't have any. I did find a Wedgwood teapot and some Royal Albert teapot and teacup ornaments that I hadn't seen before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Black Friday for me !! I'm still washing dishes and it was just the 5 of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Black Friday shopping for me. I can't use my right arm at least until I go back to the doctor on December 16th. I love your teapot ornaments. I just told my hubby last night, I won't be able to put up my tea room village or my tea themed tree this year. I'm counting on the boys to put up the family tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the ornaments. Saw some cute ones at TJ Maxx this week (don't know why I left there without one). I'm sitting at home peacefully recovering from the Thanksgiving week, now getting ready to gear up for Christmas catering- but I like you prefer NOT to go out in this black Friday mess. I sent my daughter to get a new computer for me- it took her only 30 minutes to get in and out at BJ's this morning with a computer and a $150.00 savings! Yeah for me! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Angela, I love those ornaments!
    My friends & I used to get into all the Black Friday shopping, when I lived in Missouri, but now, like you, I watch it on TV.
    Happy Holidays, Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute ornaments. I'll keep my eye out for them.

    No black friday shopping for me. Unless you count online.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute tea ornaments. I love them. I also prefer staying home on Black Friday. I pulled the decorations out and started decorating. It is beginning to look like Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the ornament with mistletoe !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!