Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The flavors of fall

If you're like me, there are certain flavors of tea you drink only at certain times of the year. Pumpkin, cinnamon and flavored chai teas are some of my favorite ones for fall, and I've recently been sampling some new teas in these flavors.

Stash Tea sent me a gift box of new teas last week, and the first one I tried was this Pumpkin Spice blend. You know how you go into a nice gift shop at this time of year and you drink in the scent of pumpkin candles and cinnamon potpourri? This tea is like having that experience in your teacup. It is wonderful!

At the grocery store I found a new Bigelow Tea, Vanilla Chai. I really like the addition of the vanilla flavor to the chai, and these are the teabags I've been tucking into some of my correspondence this fall.

Finally, Stash Tea's Cinnamon Vanilla is another delicious spice blend of tea. The cinnamon flavor is fairly subtle, not overpowering, and I greatly enjoyed this tea. So what fall flavors are you enjoying this year?

7 comments:

  1. I'd like to try pumpkin or cinnamon flavored tea sometime. The Bigelow Vanilla Chai was nice -the spices were quite subtle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My new Autumn drink is Harney and Sons Hot Cinnamon tea steeped in hot cranberry juice instead of water. Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela, all these flavors are great. Try brewing the Bigelow tea double strength, then using the brew and/or some of the actual tea in your favorite vanilla or chocolate cake mix---heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Vanilla Chai is so delicious! I will be on the look out for the other teas, thanks for sharing,
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Stash teas sound nice. I wish I could find more of them locally. My grocery stores sells a few. The Vanilla Chai is nice. I've been enjoying some Republic of Tea Hot Apple Cider "tea".

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, fall is aa fun time to shop for harvest flavored teas. Still my all time favorite is Constant Comment by Bigalows. I actually sent my husband out to make sure we had a box for Thanksgiving. We always have hot tea after the meal with dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love spiced teas, but I have yet to try a vanilla tea that I really love, with the exception of Rishi Tea's Vanilla Mint Pu-erh, but that is not primarily a vanilla tea--it has a lot of other things going on too.

    It's funny, because I love vanilla-flavored coffee.

    I have yet to try a single pumpkin tea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!