Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A December 2 Tea for Toys!

Don't you love this logo? It was created by my friend and colleague Deberah to promote the Tea for Toys event that Newnan-Coweta Magazine will be hosting at Holly Cottage Tearoom in Newnan on Thursday, December 2! We are so excited about this tea and were eager to see if we'd hear from anyone when the new issue of the magazine hit the streets last Friday announcing the details. Happily, there has been lots of interest, and about half the tickets are already gone!

There will be morning and afternoon teatimes that day, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and then again from 2-4 p.m. Our dear friends at Holly Cottage will be preparing the food and tea for us, and Newnan-Coweta Magazine will provide treat bags, door prizes, demonstrations and whatever else we can fit into two hours! Tickets are $15 each, and we're also asking participants to bring an unwrapped, $10 toy which will be given to the local foster parent association for its Christmas toy distribution program. It is going to be a fun day, and it occurred to me that while out-of-state readers probably won't be able to fly in for the day, some of you in the Atlanta area just might wish to do so! Feel free to contact me via the e-mail button at right if you want to know if any tickets are left.

This, by the way, is the cover of the new issue of our magazine, which appears to be a great hit with readers -- folks just love all those cookie recipes! I realize local readers likely already have their copy, but if you're an out-of-state or out-of-area reader of this blog and would like to receive a copy of this issue, just leave a comment to today's post before 7 a.m. EST tomorrow and I'll personally mail a copy to five lucky winners. Good luck!

22 comments:

  1. What a great idea to combine tea and toys! I hope it does exceedingly well!

    And I *love* the cover of you new magazine -- I've never heard of it before and I'd really like to get my hands on a copy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was closer to Atlanta, I'd love to attend your Tea and Toys, it sounds like complete fun. Good Luck for such a worthy cause! The cover of your new magazine issue looks wonderful, so I know the inside would be just as great... and I would love to receive a copy. Thank you for your generous give away! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I'm sure this will be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of Tea for Toys!! I would love to receive a copy of your new magazine issue!!! It looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deberah did a great job on the Tea for Toys logo.

    The latest magazine cover is also terrific. I would love to serve a pretty selection of cookies like that for Christmas tea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The magazine looks beautiful. I would love to receive a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious cover! I too would love a copy of the magazine. I absolutely love the tea for toys idea. Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very clever idea! Sounds like your Tea for Toys will be a great success.... and, the cookies on your cover look amazing. Teaspoons, whisks, and measuring cups are all crossed in hopes that I might be a lucky winner!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh what fun. Please enter me in your drawing. Also what a fabulous idea: tea for toys.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun sounding event. I hope it is successful and that you have many toys with which to bless the foster care program. The cover of your magazine looks scrumptious. You just can't have too many cookie recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved the cover of the magazine, its too bad I cant find the mag here in Istanbul!!!! Cong on the new issue.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cookies piled on the tiers look yummy and festive.
    I will email you about the 18th. Congrats on beautiful grandbaby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the Tea and Toys idea and the Teapot with all the toys is inspired!

    One always "needs" a few more cookie recipes and the cover shot makes me want to brew up a pot of tea and have a nice sitdown with a few of those yummy delights.

    Thanks for sharing your beautiful publication.

    Mary Jane

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tea is always fun to share and give of oneself.

    The magazine looks great and I would love to receive a copy.

    Thank you.

    Christy
    Lil Bit Brit

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun tea idea. And the magazine cover looks yummy too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Angela,
    I am going to pass on this lovely idea to the tea business association in our area, to plan for next year. Thanks for the inspiration from you and the folks at Holly Cottage. Hope the day is a resounding success!
    The cover of your magazine looks good enough to eat!
    I would thoroughly enjoy looking at what's inside, too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Deberah did do a superb job on the "LOGO" and I have to tell you Angela, this months magazine IS the best! I just can't wait for the five names you draw to receive their copy! They're gonna love it. Thanks to everyone for a job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a grand idea for a tea! I'd love to win a copy of the magazine! Thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Magazine looks great! Please enter me to win a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful idea, Angela! I love the Tea for Toys logo design - Deberah did an outstanding job. This issue is quickly becoming one of my favorites and it is very popular at the bookstore. Congratulations to one & all, Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  21. OH darn! I missed this one. Next time. Congratulations to the winners.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sorry I missed this this post. I will head to my local bookstore to check for this magazine.
    It looks TERIFFIC!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!