Monday, June 1, 2009

"Will work for teawares"


Saturday my friend Liz's sweet daughter Cydney graduated from high school, so while the family celebrated I had fun playing "storekeeper" during the afternoon shift at Cydney's Alley, the store in Senoia my friend named in honor of her two daughters. I have never worked retail in my life -- unless you count the summer in high school when I worked the snack bar at the local park -- so I wondered how hard it would be. It was actually a lot of fun, and I can ring up a credit card customer in no time, I learned! I was more than happy to do this for my friend, but she actually had a nice thank-you gift for me, and I couldn't be more pleased. First, this great 12-inch platter, above, will be perfect for serving up teatime cookies.

I love the contemporary design of this piece. Yes, I like my frilly Victorian serving pieces, and the fancy bone china, but I also like to have some "hip" things as well. This certainly qualifies!

As if that weren't enough, she also gave me this great mug from a neighbor business in Senoia. I have the Sereni-tea mug but did not have the Par-tea mug, so I was quite happy to receive it.

Speaking of Par-tea ... here are some more great Par-tea items I recently received as gifts from two other tea-loving friends. With the coasters (top left), note papers (top right), napkins (in matching Lucite holder), and the mug above, I am definitely being encouraged to develop the "Par-tea" mindset, wouldn't you say? Three different friends, three different towns -- and they all gave me a wonderful tea design I didn't have. Amazing! (And much appreciated!)

Before my shift at the store, I ran by the Carriage House to see my longtime friend Nancy Roy, who I was pleased to see had more of these darling little tea design embroidered bags.

And at Miss Wendy's in Senoia, I found a beautiful vintage teacup in that pretty robin's egg blue color with lots of roses on it -- and for just $10. For lack of storage space, I've almost stopped buying teacups, but when it's this pretty and this reasonably priced, well, I'll make room. It's a Royal Albert pattern called "Gaiety - Two Step." (Gaie-tea?) Turns out there was a line of these with names like Tango and Two Step and ... well, those are the only two I know about. The things you learn when researching teawares!

10 comments:

  1. Can you tell us who makes the darling plate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I love them all! Isn't it so nice to have friends who contribute to your tea habit?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of great tea things. I'll have to look for the par.tea mug (terrific packaging). That dainty cup and saucer is very pretty - I love the color and the roses. Now I'm curious to see what the Tango and other patterns look like.

    Sounds like you had a fun day on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Angela what great finds and gifts. I really like that plate as well and the tea cup you found is going to match your dining room beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun day full of treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun way to spend the day. Congrats to the graduate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Belinda, I just checked and the plate says "Danica" (like the race car driver) on the bottom. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! I love all of your treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love all your pinks angela! gorgeous! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!