Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tazo Cucumber White Tea


Do you like cucumbers? I LOVE cucumbers. Fresh cucumbers, cucumber slices on tea sandwiches, cucumber cream tea sandwiches ... and so I had to try this new white tea from Tazo, Cucumber White. The word "cucumber" and the pretty spa green color of the packaging were enough to lure me in, but then there was also this great list of ingredients: white tea, lime peel, dandelion leaves, black Darjeeling tea, cucumber, peppermint, lemon myrtle, natural flavors, lime essence oil ... And the scent is simply divine!

The tea tastes as good as it sounds, very light and refreshing and very light on the lime. I loved the flavor, and I'm betting it will be terrific iced, too. For some reason I had to try this "white" tea in my "off-white" teacup. I'll bet I'm not the only one who occasionally ponders the proper pairing of teacup and tea ... or am I?

13 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy, thanks for lettin us know :-)!!!tammyp

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to try the new variety. I am a big fan of Tazo. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This tea sounds better than the Tazo tea I have right now - Tazo Green Ginger. I do like cucumbers, especially the English type and enjoy tea with a nice fragrance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, that list of ingredients does sound refreshing! I'm glad that you tried it first, because I'm afraid that I would have passed on it with just the name. Cucumber & Tea? Doesn't sound like it fits as a drink.
    For the tea cup- I have a tendancy to grab a cup according to my mood- or trying to get into a certain one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmm...cucumber tea...sounds intriguing! I match the cup to the tea...which matches my mood. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been looking for it bur have yet to find it at the store. I am excited to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been looking for it bur have yet to find it at the store. I am excited to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Angela, Where did you find the cucumber tea? That sounds so refreshing! Thanks, Libby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Libby, I got mine at Publix (on Lower Fayetteville Road if you happen to be in the Newnan area), and I should add that I did try it iced and it was great! I love this tea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Angela! Yep, I've lived in Newnan all my life..in fact I met you at the quilt store in down town! (I dont work there anymore) I'm going to check Publix, that tea sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So you're THAT Libby -- I had wondered what happened to you! I hope you're still quilting away! (You had completed lots of quilts in your young quilting life, as I recall ...)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm still quilting! When I'm not keeping up with 3 kids! I found the Cucumber tea at the Publix in Newnan (behind KFC) had it cold and hot. Love it! Thanks, Libby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello to all,
    I work at starbucks and had the chance to taste this tea last week. It is very good. If you like this tea you will also like: tazo zen and tazo honeybush.

    Zen is lightly more vegetative but not as much as chinese green tea. Zen is very light.

    Honeybush is also light and refreshing with a honey aftertase.

    May I asl where you purshased this tea? It is not available in our stores...?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!