Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Let's go Krogering


Publix is my usual grocery store, but Sunday morning after church we ran by Kroger at Thomas Crossroads for the stuff to make salmon bagels. I happened to walk past an aisle with a huge display of kitchenwares and came across something I've been seeking for years now: good old absorbent terrycloth towels with a tea theme but that you can actually *use* and not worry about messing up.

Although it was tempting to buy one of everything (there are potholders and oven mitts to match these two designs and a couple more), I had sales resistance and bought only the two I needed. ($3.99 each, in case you wonder.)

A fine pen company I like has the motto "Life's too short to use an ugly pen." I say, "Life's too short to use an ugly anything."

12 comments:

  1. Hmmm...looks like I need to make a trip to the nearest Kroger (14 miles from me).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kitchen towels are great - I especially like the blue design. The $3.99 price is not bad either. I usually shop at Publix (there are two nearby), but now I have a reason (besides the 10 for 10 sales) to go Krogering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree. We have pretty things, let's use them and thrill in their beauty. Lovely towels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me again! Thanks for having tea with me on Delights of the Heart today. Yes, that was you on the right and me on the left, but I don't know who was in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooo. I'll be Krogering this week. Thanks for the tip.
    (Had fun yesterday- thanks again!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are really cute dish towels. Wish we had a Krogers here on the west coast, but I've never seen one. The big chain grocers here are Ralph's, Von's and Albertson's. Maybe one of them will stock up on your kitchen towels...wishful thinking?

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are VERY cute! We have them at my Kroger's too. I've passed, b/c I'm not a fan of terry cloth, but they are pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Translates well into "Life's too short to use an ugly cup" doesn't it- but yes, ugly anything.I love those little boosts in life of "the great find"-usually something simple and inexpensive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute dish towels. Makes me wish all the Krogers around here didn't go out of business many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My kitchen is blue and yellow so I may have tomake a trip to Kroger.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My kitchen is blue and yellow so I may have tomake a trip to Kroger.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!