Tuesday, June 16, 2009

July/August 2009 Tea Time Magazine


As a magazine editor, I find that one of the nicest compliments I ever receive is when someone tells me they save every issue of our magazine. The only two magazines I have *every* issue of, besides the one I edit, are Victoria and Tea Time. Do you save *every* issue of any magazine(s)? If so, I'd love to hear your list!

I just got the latest Tea Time and found it to be one of the best in recent memory. But then perhaps I am simply smitten with the article titled "Just Peachy," which features recipes made with peaches. You know how sometimes all the teatime recipes in a book or magazine start to look alike? Well, this one has some that seem very fresh and original, like the Peach-Ricotta Tart with Rosemary-Cornmeal Crust and the Prosciutto-Wrapped Peaches with Spicy Glaze.

And you know how we have enjoyed exploring words like craf-tea, par-tea and sinceri-tea? Well, this issue of Tea Time offers a suggested menu for a "Novel-Tea" for our book-lover friends. I'm just sorry I didn't already think of that idea myself! The photo and recipe for the Chocolate and Pistachio Cookie Bookmarks is reason enough to get this issue, but then I think Tea Time is a must-read for tea lovers all the time.

8 comments:

  1. When I discovered Tea Time magazine (I bought 3 issues at $1 apiece at a junk shop), I was hooked! Not only did I immediately subscribe to it, I located all of the back issues to purchase as well! Susan T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do save Victoria, Tea Time, Tea a Magazine, and Romantic Homes. My husband hasn't realized it yet, but eventually our basement will be taken over with old magazines. I am a magazine addict from way back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I save Tea Time,Southern Lady and Just Cross Stitch. I love going back through the older mags and getting a recipe or just enjoying the articles again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Currently I subscribe and save Cooks Illustrated and King Arthur Flour's Baking Sheet. I do have old Threads magazines, from a few years ago when I subscribed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have every issue of Tea Time and Tea a Magazine. I keep Southern Lady and Southern Living but eventually, after a few years, give away old issues. I have several British magazines I keep for the travel article, but I'm not as organized with those as I need to be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The latest issue is a really good one. There are so many fabulous recipes. I'd like to try the blackberry semifreddo and the wild mushroom and walnut pate on crostini from the "Tea By The Sea" article.

    I plan to visit the Garden Gate Tea Room in Mt. Dora the next time we're in Orlando. The "Tea Experience In Central Florida" article was also great.

    I keep more magazines now than I used to, especially after making the horrible mistake of giving away my early issues of Victoria. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cover of that issue is so pretty and summery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yumchaa in Soho London is amazing they do some great loose leafed teas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!