Friday, June 5, 2009

Green tea in the "apothecary"


It's been a great week for grocery store discoveries here in my neck of the woods. Yesterday I was at Publix (on Lower Fayetteville Road, FWIW) and came across a new cosmetic treat with Aloe and Green Tea. It's been a while since I've found any new tea toiletries, so I was happy to find this one.

It's the J.R. Watkins Natural Apothecary Shea Butter Body Cream with Aloe and Green Tea and contains green tea leaf extract ($7.99 for 3.3 ounces). I'm going to use it as my "purse" hand cream, and the scent is sooooo yummy. The cream contains a variety of floral extracts, and I find the scent very lily of the valley-like. And even DH said he liked the packaging resembling an old time pharmacy. I agree!

6 comments:

  1. This sounds like another great product using green tea. I'll look for it when I make my milk run to Publix today (we're going through almost a gallon a day around here).

    For some reason the packaging reminds me of the C.O. Bigelow line at Bath & Body Works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! Ages ago, I got a mint and green tea lotion at Old Navy. So yummy, but they don't make it any more. I'll have to look around for this one. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely going to look for this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please visit my blog to receive an award!
    Bernideen's Tea Time Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're Invited in Senoia carries Watkins products. I was just in there yesterday looking for some Watkins Vanilla and was told that they are receiving more Watkins products this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tip! I love an excuse to go shopping in downtown Senoia!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!