Here’s a story
Of some new dishes
Did I need them?
Why, absolutely no.
I was minding
my own business
there at mahjong,
when Deb said we could go…
To her garage
and check her cabinets
for the chargers
And candlesticks galore.
She had stacks and stacks
Of all these
pretty dishes
But one set made her sore.
Didn’t like 'em.
Wished she’d not bought 'em.
We’ve all been there
And surely understand.
Then my mouth piped up and said,
“Well, I just love them.”
And that’s when Deb put these new dishes
In my hand.
It’s not my fault
It’s not my fault
That’s the way these dishes
Entered my dish vault!
Royal Mail by Myott Staffordshire, some of the eight dinner plates and bread-and-butter plates rescued from my friend Deborah's house when she hosted mahjong last week. Up top are some of the pieces I'm auditioning with this fabulous gift of transfer ware!


I love your poem! I also love the dishes, and I’m glad that they have a new home with you. Enjoy them!
ReplyDelete