Monday, August 17, 2026
Bow-Tied!
When I got home from shopping last Saturday, a friend asked if I'd bought anything. I told her I'd just bought two cute coffee mugs with bows on them on clearance at Kirkland's for $3 each. She said, "I thought you weren't buying any more coffee mugs?" That's when I explained that technically, these were Christmas mugs, and I don't put limits on Christmas decorations and tea wares.
You see, last Christmas, I found these darling dinner plates at a T. J. Maxx or HomeGoods, but I wished there had been teacups or tea mugs to match.
Then I found the salad plates that matched the dinner plates. I'm aiming to go full pink with my Christmas decorating this year, so I'm glad I picked these dishes up last year (and I think I remember using rewards points, so they might've been free). While I would like to have found four of either the pink or the green mugs (or maybe both), at least I have two. While I can't stage a full tea party, I can have a friend over for "luncheon," as they used to say on Downton Abbey, and I don't think it's that big a deal that our mugs will be different. (Plus, who even knows what pink tea wares may materialize this Christmas.) And yes, I know it's not even fall yet, but when it come to seasonal décor, you really have to plan ahead!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Those mugs are adorable and look so good with those darling plates!
ReplyDeleteLove pink!! Donnaz
ReplyDeleteSuch cute mugs, and they are a perfect match for those pretty dinner and salad Christmas plates you found before!
ReplyDeletePretty! Wish I could come for luncheon ☺️
ReplyDeleteThe mugs are a perfect match. Maybe you will across more in your travels.
ReplyDeletePink and green is such a lovely combination for Christmas! I have a set of pink plates—i think you’ve inspired me to combine them with other pieces to make a Christmas set!
ReplyDeleteTell your friend you're not responsible for changing things that you have said in the past, particularly when it pertains to tea! Enjoy, Angela.
ReplyDelete(Maybe you're just practicing to become a politician!🙂)
If you ever see me enter politics, call the police, 'cuz you'll know I have been kidnapped! Ha!
Delete