Friday, October 2, 2026

A new restaurant with some tasty new teas


This week, my friend Gina and I met for lunch at a new-to-us restaurant near our homes, Ponko Chicken. If you're like me, you want to call it "panko," like the bread crumbs, but it's Ponko, a chain known for its Japanese-American fusion chicken, and I was so pleased to learn that they also offer some specialty teas that you won't find anywhere else. This is the Sweet Almond Peach Tea, and they also offer a Matcha Green Tea Lemonade and a Ponko Palmer, which I assume is their version of an Arnold Palmer. The almond and peach flavors are quite pronounced in the tea I tried, even more than the sweetness of the tea itself, and I loved it. Unfortunately, Ponko doesn't have nutrition info on its website, so I have no idea how much sugar this has! (But once in a while, I'd order it anyway.)


Ponko's display cards on the tables tout the benefits of its rice bran oil. I'm going to have to read more on this topic, as lately, I've been reading that seed oils are going to kill us and we should stick to olive oil. I do use olive oil exclusively for cooking, though for baking, I prefer to use butter.


And Ponko's food? Dee-lish! My panko-breaded chicken fingers were crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, and for my side, I got their sweet potato fries, which I absolutely loved. That made everything in this bowl look the same color on my iPhone photo, but I can assure you it was good—and too much food, as I couldn't eat it all, and since I wasn't headed home afterward, I didn't bother with a carryout. Have any of you eaten at Ponko? If so, have you tried their other teas? I'd love to read a review!

2 comments:

  1. That’s a new restaurant to me, but I’d surely try that tea. It sounds delicious! 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found a new restaurant that you like! I've never heard on Ponko's, and since I'm pretty much a vegetarian, I wouldn't go to it. They should put nutrition information on their website, since that's really important for many people. I'm guessing that their speciality tes have a lot of sugar, but that's nice that you really enjoyed the one that you tried. A little indulgence once in a while is't a bad thing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!