Monday, August 3, 2026
Another way to make teacup shaker cards
Remember last week when I made that shaker card? I loved the result, but boy, did it take a long time to make. Well, I needed to make birthday cards for two dear tea-loving friends, and I suddenly had a eureka moment and remembered that I bought some teacup-shaped plastic inserts and cards *five years ago* that I had never used. They were too precious to mess up at the time, and I wasn't sure how to use them, anyway. These days, I'm more of the "What have you got to lose?" mindset, so one YouTube video later, I figured out how to use these cute plastic inserts from a company called Jillibean Soup. These cards took significantly less time to make than last year's card, and I'm just as happy with the result!
Here's the pink card I made for the friend whose birthday is today…
And here's the lavender card I made for the friend whose birthday was last week. I was pleased with these cards and decided I'm ready to experiment with the other plastic inserts as well!



Those are darling!
ReplyDeleteI especially love the buttons in the inserts! They are a very nice addition to the usual sequins.
ReplyDeleteThese are beautiful! Well done☺️
ReplyDeleteLooks great!
ReplyDelete