Wednesday, August 10, 2022

The Twinings mug from the Twinings Museum

 

Not long ago, I was preparing a cup of one of my new(ish) Twinings teas when I remembered that in the back of a kitchen cabinet, I had a Twinings tea mug that I purchased at the flagship Twinings store at 216 Strand in London back in 2004, on my solo trip to England to celebrate my 40th birthday.

I don't think I've ever shared these photos here before simply because they're so bad, taken with an early digital camera that had a quickly dying battery and a universal charger that didn't (if you get my drift). So unlike today, when the average cell phone can take excellent photos, back then, I was judicious about what earned a snapshot. And even though it's not a great shot, the Twinings entrance was definitely worth a photo!

If it were today, I would have taken nice close-ups of everything in this display case. So those photos? Your guess is as good as mine about what they're depicting!

Here's a pitcher. Why was it in the Twinings Museum? Don't ask me.

At least I recognize a Brown Betty and a tea clipper when I see them! Coming across these old photos made me want to revisit Twinings and see what I can capture today. Have any of you been to Twinings in London more recently than 2004? I'd love someone's personal update!





4 comments:

  1. I was there in 2015 with my daughter. The display cases have changed since 2004 and have probably changed again since I was there. Like you, I'd love to go back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mug! And I'd very much like to visit the Twinings museum if I'm ever in London. I enjoyed your photos even if they aren't up to your standards. :-) - Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute mug. The first display case looks like a display of tea tins. I've only ben to the Twinings store at Epcot. Would love to visit the London location.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For some reason I have not been to Twinings Museum eventhough I have been in London a couple times. If I go again, I just rectify that. Love the mug. Twinings donates tea to our tea festival here in Portland, Oregon each year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!