Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Two new teatime totes

 

When I got to the crafting retreat last weekend, I was excited when my fellow crafter Heather showed up with a new Thirty-One tote I had ordered from her. This is my fifth tote bag from Thirty-One, and I absolutely love them all. Normally, you pay shipping and handling and have the order shipped to your house, but she told us retreat gals a few weeks ago that if we wanted to order something and just have her bring it to the retreat, she would offer free shipping. As you all know, one of my favorite words is "free," so it was the perfect time to order.

I'd had my eye on this canvas tote, and I decided it would be perfect for holding my teatime craft supplies, and it is! I've bought canvas bags before that were sort of flimsy and fell apart, but this tote is thick and sturdy, and I plan to use it for many years.

When I was packing up to head home, I just tossed all of my current project supplies inside, and I'm pretty sure that's what I'm going to use this for—the current project only. I also plan to use it to transport teatime supplies when I'm doing a tea party on the road, things like jam and whipping cream, special sugars, teaspoons, sugar tongs, etc. 

It has one large pocket at front, one on each of the short sides, and two on the back (but it's so new that I haven't even filled them yet). But oh, I love me some pockets! (I'm assuming most of you have heard of Thirty-One and already know a consultant. But if you decide you would like to order a tote like this for yourself (it's the "Canvas Storage Caddy") and you don't have a consultant, click here to use mine. I haven't asked her for permission, but she's such a lovely and generous person that I can't imagine she would object to a new customer!)


One day at the retreat, we went shopping, and I found this teapot basket for just $4 at the Lavonia Antique Market. When I got home and was unpacking the cards I'd made, I discovered that this basket is the perfect size for holding lots of completed cards!


The two types of cards I make the most are thank-you cards (pure joy) and sympathy cards (not so much), but I know from experience how much a handmade card can mean to someone who is grieving, and I'm determined to get ahead on sympathy cards so I will always have one ready to pop in the mail. So between my new craft supply tote and my card basket/tote, I'm feeling a little more organized—and grateful for the fun new teatime totes!

5 comments:

  1. Your Teatime Tote is great! I saw a woman use one at an estate sale. It held her fragile items, like teacups, until she purchased them. Clever and appropriate little basket, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Teatime Tote and teapot "card basket" look like they were made just for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tote and basket are perfect for you. A good tote with lots of pockets is great to have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely tote and great find from the antique market.
    I like all the things you show n your blog and your amazing finds each time.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Greetings from the Netherlands

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not in the know of Thirty One, but that certainly is a cute tote. I can just imagine it will get a lot of use.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!