Friday, January 7, 2022

Celestial Seasonings Vitamin C Shine


So what are you all sipping for National Hot Tea Month? I'd like to try something new, and preferably something citrusy (black or green, I don't care which), so if you have a favorite, please share! Meanwhile, I picked up an interesting new herbal blend from Celestial Seasonings at the grocery store this week.


Not too many years ago, I resisted the idea of choosing a tea for its health benefits. But now that I'm older and now that I'm trying to eat and drink smarter, I not only no longer resist that idea, I pretty much embrace it. So when I saw this Vitamin C Shine blend that claims it provides 130% of the  recommended daily value of Vitamin C per serving, I thought, "I'm in." According to Celestial Seasonings, the blend contains "bright oranges, floral rosehips, fruity blackberry leaves and tangy hibiscus."


As soon as I opened the box, I inhaled the scent of oranges. (And am I the only one who always opens that Celestial Seasonings box and irrationally hopes to find individually packaged tea bags inside instead of those for-some-odd-reason double tea bags?) When I sipped the tea, I couldn't decide whether it tasted more like hot orange juice or a heavy-on-the-oranges wassail. But don't be mistaken: I liked it! And I sip so many hot beverages over the winter that I'm perfectly fine with sipping some Vitamin C. Have any of you tried this blend?

4 comments:

  1. I haven't tried it, but it sounds good! I'm trying to drink up the (many) teas I have before buying any more, but this one is different enough that I might make an exception. Love that Vitamin C! Have a happy and healthy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a tasty tea. I do like rosehips and hibiscus, so I'm glad they're in there. I don't normally buy teas that say they have special health benefits, but if they TASTE good, I'll drink them. I think I appreciate the MENTAL HEALTH benefits of tea-drinking more than anything physical that the tea may provide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve not tried this but it sounds good. I’ve been sipping a black cherry tea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting!
    I think I would just enjoy sniffing it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!