Monday, December 20, 2021

The last of the thrifting/antiquing for 2021 (maybe)


On Saturday, I helped Aunt Jane finish up her gift list, and I was very glad when the "have-to" shopping was complete. Stores have reached that crazy point where stock is low, chaos is high, and nerves are shot. I don't care for that kind of shopping, so we also headed to an antique mall and a thrift store, where kinder, gentler shopping may be enjoyed. And the antique mall is where I found a Royal Winton Welbeck dinner plate and this cute vintage Santa figure. The eight vintage silver plate pastry forks, a wish list item, were fun finds at a local antique mall last week for just $1 each!


Santa here was my fun find of the day on Saturday.


Apparently, this is what some of the snow globes of yesteryear looked like. It still has the frosty glitter that shakes around, but I'm wondering if it ever had liquid inside. Does anyone happen to know?


One of my best finds of the season, however, was these two boxes of "A Cup of Christmas Tea" napkin rings. A local woman listed them on Facebook Marketplace last week, and a mutual friend saw the listing and tagged me so I would see it.


About twelve hours later, I was meeting her at the garden center at Lowe's and bought these for just $12 a set, which I thought was a great price. Have any of you bought anything on Facebook Marketplace before? I had not (I was a little leery), but my sister and my girlfriends have been doing so for a while. This week, though, I think I'm shopped out and ready to stay home, bake cookies, and let my heart "prepare Him room" before Christmas. What are you all up to this week?

6 comments:

  1. I'm definitely "shopped out" and ready for a quieter week, although it's a busy week at work. I like all your finds, especially those napkin rings. I have bought a few things on FB Marketplace but only from local people. Have a lovely week and a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What interesting napkin rings. I have never seen them before. I have the "A Cup of Christmas Tea" teapot, 2 cups and saucers, sugar bowl, creamer, large cookie plate and 2 individual dessert plates as well as the two books that go with the set. I never knew there were napkin rings. Enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those ARE cute napkin rings, and I hope you enjoy using them, and your new forks, too. I have all my shopping done, and the packages to my sisters mailed and received. Now I just need to get started on my Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. While I do not know anything about your Santa, I do know that snow globe liquid can disappear. I assume it evaporates. I have 2 snow globes I’ve had since childhood and there is not liquid in them today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do have one Wellbeck plate like that one. They are so beautiful, especially on a tea table. The flatware is quite wonderful too. I always love seeing your thrift finds. Happy Christmasing. This week is rather low key for me, just simple things preparing a bit of food and having a friend come tomorrow for a simple morning teatime.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!