Wednesday, December 1, 2021

An early Christmas gift I just love

 

Before the calendar even rolled over to December, I had received a few Christmas gifts, including this one dropped off by my friend Liz after she went to see the Downton Abbey exhibit in Atlanta. I haven't been yet but am hoping to go before it leaves town in mid-January. So she had already told me that's where she found something for me.


Liz loves to take her time wrapping gifts, so I enjoyed admiring the wrapping on this one. Under the pretty ribbon were some paper doll-type figures that appeared Downton Abbey-era-appropriate. Lovely!

Now, I must say that it always makes me nervous when I realize someone has given me a book, because I already have so many books, especially tea books, and I've gotten a few duplicates over the years (although I always try to be gracious and hide that fact if I can!). But this time, I was delighted to realize I didn't have this book! And a Downton Abbey tea book? Well, I needed this.

The foods look yummy, including these lemon tarts, which would be a good excuse to use the miniature tart pans I recently came across while cleaning out the pantry.


And of course it's absolutely delightful to remember all the fun tea scenes from the TV show, especially the ones with Violet and Isobel.


And oh, Mr. Bates! Didn't we all love Mr. Bates!


And poor Edith. How we fretted over her fate for all those years. I believe that's a portion of a tipping teapot at the photo's far-right edge, isn't it? This is a book I will no doubt keep and use for many years, and it also reminded me that a new Downton movie is coming next year. I can't wait! Have any of you seen the Downton Abbey exhibit when it was in another city? Your thoughts?







7 comments:

  1. Hello Angela, we watched the series again before we went to see it in NYC. Great fun! You will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's looks like a very nice Christmas present, with a beautiful wrapping! The Downton Abbey exhibit hasn't been to my city yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz knows you well! That's a perfect gift, and I hope you'll get to see the exhibit before it moves on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect gift!!!!! Loved the series so much we bought all the seasons and have watched it through several times. Ironically I saw Edith - Laura Carmichael in an English police drama series we just started yesterday. Sure is odd seeing her in modern clothes - but my oh my I could stare at her perfect lovely skin forever. She is so lovely! (And yes, we worried about her a great deal. Loved that she ended up happy and successful.)

    Liz was quite kind and certainly knew that gift would be perfect for you.

    I have never seen the exhibit and hope to one day. Never seem to tire of DA!!!

    have a blessed Advent season, Angela!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw the Downton Abbey exhibit displayed in the Biltmore House a few years ago...it was wonderful and what a perfect setting! Susan in NC

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definitely need to see the Downton Abbey exhibit. We saw it Christmas 2019 when it was at Biltmore. Be sure to wear some comfortable shoes and have your camera battery fully charged.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book could be tempting. But like you I try to avoid adding more books. If I do buy a book, I enjoy it for awhile then love passing it on.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!