Monday, August 2, 2021

Vintage Cottage magazine


I don't get tempted by pretty new magazines nearly as often as I did when I was a magazine editor and was looking for layout inspiration all the time, so these days, a publication has to have a little something extra to really catch my attention. And this soft fall-colored palette on the cover of Vintage Cottage magazine did the trick—with the teacup and roses sealing the deal!

"Tea room" in the title will probably always capture my attention, so I also loved coming across this absolutely charming vintage tea room sign. Now I want one!

Since this is a Hoffman Media publication, I wasn't surprised to find dishes inside, and the Blue Willow pattern always captures my attention, but I'd never seen Blue Willow egg cups before. I have plain white egg cups, and I have decorated them with ribbon and used them to serve small portions of chicken salad at teatime. If I had these blue ones, though, I wouldn't change a thing.

Transferware is also a subject I enjoy reading about, and I loved seeing the variety of red transferware in this home. It was so pleasant to spend a few hours just looking at pretty photos and reading about how others decorate with their vintage things. So Vintage Cottage is the last magazine I bought. What about you, friends? I'd love to hear which magazines (if any) you're reading!

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read many magazines besides Southern Living in a while, but this looks like one I'd enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, now you have tempted me. The teacup in the first picture looks like my china. I love transferware too. Oh my! It looks like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you find a vintage tea room sign sometime! And since you're such a good shopper, I'm sure you will. I love egg cups, and have quite a few, including several that I got in Europe. I do use them for eating soft-boiled eggs--it's fun. In addition to the Hoffman Media magazines that you read, another magazine I like is "Trend & Tradition," the magazine of Colonial Williamsburg. It has had articles on tea and on china, in addition to lots of other interesting historic things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven’t read any good magazines lately. This looks like a good one. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!