Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Finding "tea time" when I'm not even looking for it!


A few weeks ago, I was passing by a cosmetics aisle at Walmart when I noticed a pretty pink nail polish that stopped me in my tracks. It was by L.A. Colors and was only a dollar or two (I didn't save the receipt), so I tossed it in my cart simply because it was The Right Shade of Pink. I'd been looking for a hot pink that wasn't too red or too fuchsia or too wine — just a nice dark pink. This color matches the interior of the roses on the front of this Emilie Barnes book. Perfect.


Since I work at home and from a computer, my hands don't get a lot of wear and tear during the week, but still, if a nail polish can make it through the week without chipping, I'm impressed, and this one did. A single coat can last me nearly two weeks! When it was finally time for a redo one evening before bedtime, I suddenly had the thought, "I wonder what the name of this color is?" It's usually something like Lipstick or Pretty Peony or Rosebud. And the name of this polish color?


Tea Time. So if you want a cheap tea party favor (or tuck-in gift) for your girlfriends, wouldn't this be a fun one? 

7 comments:

  1. I really like that color, I rarely wear colored nail polish on my fingers (I chip it so quickly) but I might have to try this one. And yes, it would be a darling favor for a tea party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is REALLY funny that the name of that nail polish turned out to be "Tea Time"!! It was definitely made for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty color on beautiful hands.
    Blessings,
    Nancy Carr

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty color. And great price.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leave it to you, Angela, to find the perfect shade with the perfect name. ♥ it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun find! Reminds me of the time I was in an antique store and spotted a box of women's nylon stockings in a Hudson's box. I quickly picked it and on the end of the box the color of the hosiery was "Tea Time." Needless to say, I bought it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That would definitely be a fun party favor. What a pretty color.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!